Sunday, September 20, 2015

Where have I been all this time? ...

I've been tardy in writing something here.  It's one way to let some of my friends and family what I/we've been doing so here goes ...



Well, one thing for sure -- I've been sewing again.  And hooking but that's another story.  I finally got this scrap quilt done and had it machine quilted.  I got the antique green from a friend.  Would you believe this was made when yardage came in 36" widths???!!!  That's a long time ago.  Had the other 30's fabrics from a quilt I did a few years ago; I think the fabric line was called Aunt Grace ...  Anyway, here it is.

After I finished that lion rug (can't remember if I put it on here but I'll check and if I didn't I'll add it too).  But started this new one.  It's all neutrals and I've never done one in all neutrals before.  It's a Maggie Bonanomi design from one of her books.  Here's what it looks like so far (a work in progress) ...



The Elnora antique steam and tractor show was last weekend and we enjoyed it.  Wendell took his tractor for display, we worked a ticket booth one afternoon, then we went back on Sunday right after church to really look around before everyone took their toys and went home.  I enjoyed the homemade ice cream booth two times!  There were lots of "fleas" there, too.  More tractors than I can remember.  If you ever have a chance to go, and you like old things, you'll enjoy it.  Here's some pictures from that show ...

This Massey-Harris was called the 'first aid' tractor; a dealer painted it like this and it was a loaner when farmers had their tractors in for repair at the dealership.

This guy was making a rolling pin in the wood shop!  I loved seeing all the belt driven tools being used.

The new location for the filling station.  They did a good job.

We went to the Masonic Home Festival and open house in Franklin recently, too.  (Besides that we checked out the downtown Franklin area -- great!  Go to the Salvage Sisters!)  Another beautiful day.  Hasn't the weather been marvelous this summer?  We toured their new building with it's meeting rooms, swimming pool, food court and offices.  Enjoyed the Shriner's band and a very filling lunch.  Toured the vendor tent.  There was a car show and we had a very interesting chat with a WWII vet who had just came back from an honor flight to D.C. the weekend before.  He told us all about it.  Also urged us to tell everyone that if they have the opportunity to go, if they're a WWII vet, to do so.  His day started at 4 a.m. and ended at midnight with a welcome back rally at the Plainfield H.S.  I'm sure it was a long day for all of those fellows!  Here he is with his Model A Ford ...


Yesterday we went to Newburgh, down on the Ohio River.  Beautiful day!  I enjoyed a stop at the Woolen Heirlooms shop.  Teresa and Jay are always so welcoming to us!  Was introduced to two hookers I'd never met before -- Louanne and Gloria.  It was a wonderful stop.  Then we went to lunch at the Tin Fish in downtown Newburgh.  YUM!!!  I had calamari and Wendell a mixed seafood grill.  I recommend it and would definitely go back!  Left there to drive east along the river and right away we came across this S.I.R. Brit car show.  All of the cars were British made, most in the 50's and 60's.  And there were lots of them.  It was a beautiful spot for the show, right on the river bank.  Here's some pictures from that stop ...
MG convertible.

MG hardtop.

Jag!

Triumph

This is a Morgan.  The old gentleman who owned it was sitting on the ground in front, eating his lunch when I took this picture.  You can just barely see his hat ..  He told Wendell that this car has an ash wood frame!  And that they're still raced in Europe!

Well, there's lots more I could add but I'll do that another time.  Just wanted you to know what's been going on in my life. God bless you!

No comments: