Non-Allergenic Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap
1/3 bar Fels Naptha
½ cup Arm & Hammer washing soda
½ cup 20-Mule Team Borax
2 gallons water
- Grate Fels Naptha soap and put in sauce pan. Add 6 cups water and heat until soap is melted. It's important to have all Fels Naptha melt.
- Add washing soda and borax and stir until it is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour 4 cups hot water into a 3- to 5-gallon bucket.
- Add the soap mixture and stir.
- Now add 1 gallon plus 6 cups of warm water and stir.
- Let sit for 24 hours and it will gel. Stir until well mixed and pour into storage containers.
Shake well before each use; this detergent separates.
Use 1/2 cup per load.
Will not suds.
* I use old detergent bottles for storage. The cap on a normal bottle is 1/2 cup!
* My local Walmart keeps these three ingredients together; your store might, too.