- chewing with your mouth open
- people who stop just inside the door or driveway of public places (decisions, decisions)
- or, groups of people who stop to chat in the middle of the aisle
- parents who are blind to their problem child or grandchild
- texting while driving
- not washing your hands after using the bathroom (yuck!)
- littering (especially on my road!)
- loud cell phone talking in public (hey, absolutely not necessary)
- tailgaters (I'm married to one)
- people who don't know the difference between the words idea and ideal
- leaving just a tiny bit of something and putting it back in the frig (ARGH!)
- overuse of the word "like" ...
- or, "you know" or "ya know what I'm sayin'?" (especially athletes).
Whew! Glad to get that off my chest. 😊
Anyway, here's what I've been doing lately. Not a lot but keeping cool inside and it's making me sort of feeling like you do in the winter, so it's reverse cabin fever I'm experiencing. Today I just gave up and went out (early) and pulled weeds in the flower beds, cut back some dead stuff, pulled out lily stems, etc. It was good to be out and about. Was in, showered and kicking back by 10:00 a.m. Hooked last night with Jane, Jan & Julie. I've been working on a spiral pillow top and that's shaping up. Good to catch up with these special women; it's nice to have someone to listen to me b***h about relatively small problems! I've been sewing and weaving a lot this past month. And mowing! Yikes! We have to mow at least once every 10 days if not more often. So let's see what I've taken pictures of ...
|Here's the beginning of that pillow top; I'm further along on it now after last night.|
|I've purchased a yard each of these wonderful Robert Kaufman woven flannels and plan on making a simple snugly quilt from them this winter. Aren't they yummy!?|
|Had to add this one from the game camera. This turkey was moving in for his/her closeup I guess. This picture cracked me up!|
|And I thought this one of mother and fawn was pretty special ...|
|Okay ... he's still around. This big buck has avoided the hunters for a few seasons now. (As you might notice, something's obviously wrong with the clock setting on the camera. My guy will have to fix that ...)|
Well, that's all I'll bother you with just now. It's been a long, hot summer and I'll be glad when autumn officially rolls around. I long to sit out on the front porch without sweating, to rake some leaves, to smell the air just after the farmers finish harvesting, to go for drives and enjoy the beautiful fall color, to walk in the woods, to see the river again from my kitchen window, to have to have a blanket on the bed to snuggle down into. Just to be out and about again! Life is good; God is good!