Saturday, June 28, 2014

I'm taking a break for the summer ...

We've had some unexpected things happen in our lives this month.  My husband, Wendell, had a slight stroke on June 5, then while he was in the CCU he suffered a heart attack.  After many up and down days, he's been home a week now and we are both getting some rest.  

I'm going to take a few weeks off from writing something here to dedicate myself to his recovery.  I'll update you in a few weeks on how it's going.

Thanks to all of our family and friends for their prayers, calls, cards, favors (yard mowing, trash removal, garden hoeing, water filter changing, etc.), kind words, meals shared, cookies baked, and other kindnesses -- too many to name them all.  I especially appreciate each kind phone message and email giving encouragement to both of us.

Thanks for your understanding as I find a new way to live this life that God has given me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy! I found your blog via a Facebook group. A girl from Canada posted some beautiful sunflowers she made. Within hours she had over 300 likes and I don't know how many comments wanting to know how she made them. She gave your blog and the post for the flower lapel pins all the credit. Your tutorial is explained very clearly. Thank you for sharing.
I started to look at your entire blog and noticed that your husband had a heart attack. I hope he is recovering and doing okay. My husband had a major heart attack 3 years ago. He has recovered but his doctor keeps a very close eye on him. It is not easy for the wife either. You are both in my prayers.
I also noticed in your profile you are an Indiana girl and not far from me! I too have lived all my life in Indiana. Grew up in Mitchell, IN and my husband is from Bedford. We now live on a farm in Martin County.
Not to far from you, as the crow flies!
Interesting how this world of internet can connect a girl from Canada making sunflowers out of wool to a lady in Indiana who taught her and another not too far away that wants to learn! And all because you shared a little of your knowledge!
Your new blog follower,
Lisa Sanders