Thursday, September 12, 2019

Sooooo over summer ...

Are you tired of sweating?  of the hot, humid weather that makes you feel like a wet blanket was thrown over you when you walk out the door?  of your flag drooping and damp, like it just rained last night (but it didn't)?  Are you over the bugs and poison ivy?  of mowing the lawn every other day?  not being able to sleep with the windows open and feeling like a prisoner in your home?  of the constant battle with your husband about what temp is comfortable for the AC to be set at?  Well ... you get the idea.  I'm getting worn out by the heat.  And I heard on the news last night that there's no break in sight for the next few weeks!  YIKES!  And our family reunion is this Saturday, with lots of bugs and sweating to look forward to!  But enough of that, right?  Sorry!!!

Well, our laptop is almost dead.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  I've taken it off of life support (unplugged it).  And I'm getting a new one next week because I can't stand to be out here in this man(smelling)-cave for very much longer.  I think W. thinks if this drags on long enough he'll get the entire garage cleaned up ... think again Buster!  Not doing it.  I don't dwell with lizards and maybe snakes ... and an old computer that has sticky keyboard keys.  (If I make some typos, be gentle.)

Here's what I've been up to lately ... but not all, been too long to put all of the pictures on here I'd like to.  I promise, I'll do better when I get a new snazzy laptop!  😂  At least, I'll try.  

Been working on mending my mother's wedding dress.  It had some small seam tears.  She made this!  Can you imagine all of those buttons!?  And there's all those tiny little button loops.  It's really beautiful.  Now I have my mom's AND grandma's wedding dresses.  Wonder what will happen to them some day?  Who will want them?  Will Veronica?  It makes me sad ...
Getting ready to make another couple quillie trees!  Margo is having a tree making session at her house in October.  Looking forward to that.  And I 'think' I'm almost ready; have quillies made for one red and one green tree.  I'll put some pictures on here from our fun day in October, I promise.
Before this hot, humid weather came back, we were enjoying eating some of our meals on the porch.  It was very comfy.  But not anymore ... (did I say, I hate summer?).

If you've never been, you HAVE to go to -ISH in Graysville Indiana!  It's just south of the main intersection; you can't miss it.  They have limited hours so check before you go, but check it out ... here's a picture of some of the front porch.  I guarantee, you will love this place!!!  We were here recently on our way to Illinois.
When we were in  an antiques shop in Oblong IL we came across this Elvis on velvet.  The unbelievable thing was the "sold" tag on the side!  YIKES.  (It wasn't me!)  BTW -- When we were in Patagonia AZ a couple years ago we met my brother Don and wife Nancy at a good little pizza restaurant there called The Velvet Elvis and I 'think' they had this identical picture, only larger (shiver).
When we were at the WRVAA show last week I watched this hunky guy for several minutes (here and below) -- hubba, hubba! ... made my day.


Here's a few things I've found at antiques shops in Illinois the last couple years ... one of the reasons I enjoy going to Oblong, Palestine, and Robinson.  I found the old plant stand in Palestine and some of the green flower pots there and in Oblong.  I will say this about the heat and humidity; I may not love the weather but this fern sure does!

Finally got a run of rugs cut off the loom!  You should have seen me carry this roll/load upstairs!  Spent several days knotting these rugs in my spare time.  Got 10 rugs on this run of warp; there's a longish runner hanging around the corner.  Was getting too large to roll any more on the drum.  Now I have to wash them ... (there's always one more thing, right?😊).



Well, I'll stop here.  I've been blessed.  How about you?  And let's pray for more 'normal' weather, shall we?  I'm going to ...


No comments: