Monday, March 23, 2020

News Flash: Sky still not falling, but very overcast ...

I sure could use some sunshine!  How about you?  We had so much rain over the past few days that the river looks really big out my kitchen window!  We have mulch stacked in the bed of the pickup but waiting for it to dry somewhat before we put it on.  That's usually my alone project, but I think I'm going to ask for some help this year.  I've looked and the weeds are growing like crazy!  But I'm not complaining about the nice, mild winter.  Now it's SPRING!  Yeah!  

I miss church.  We didn't have any yesterday and it just doesn't feel right.  In fact, there's not much of anything happening except panic and doom and gloom.  I choose to not participate in it.  But since I'm being forced to stay home I've kept busy.  How about you?  What have you been doing?

I looked thru some of my UFO's last week and chose a couple to finish.  Also been doing some other stuff.  My house is just so clean!  Yes!  I'm bragging!  Today I deep cleaned the great room.  Rearranged the furniture and really cleaned, not just using a duster but actually used a dust cloth and furniture polish.  And dry mopped the floor.  Just about everything was moved and attacked with pledge, windex, the vacuum or water.  So I'm glad that's done.  Now I have to come up with something else to do in here until I can get outside and work in the yard.  You know what? ... it won't be long till we have to MOW!  OMG, right?

Well, here's what I've been doing to keep busy ...
First UFO that I finished -- I had finished needlepunching this piece but not really done anything with it.  So, I attached it to this little canvas bag.  Looks pretty cute.  Now, what will I do with it?

Well, this is the quillie tree that I made last spring.  Yes.  Last spring.  I know.  But I had never put the nest and bird on the top (thank you Margo for the bird).  So I finally got out the hot glue gun and finished that.  I LIKE it!!  (Confession: I have two more in process ...)
Went shoe shopping ONLINE and love my new all-stars!  Gotta love Zappos ...  Now, if I only had somewhere to wear them.

Spent about half an hour watching & worrying about this bluebird that crashed into our dining room window.  But eventually he flew away, leaving nothing but a big blob of poo.  Poor guy.  I was wondering if I would have to do mouth-to-mouth but feared he might have been too close to someone else ...  So, glad he recovered on his own.
Completed the center of this rug except the cat's whiskers.  Now it's on to the border.  I'll use those wools stacked on the corner.  Probably throw in some lime green somewhere, too.

That's my story for now.  I hope and pray that I won't have to keep boring you like this for much longer.  Remember -- God is in control.  Trust Him.  


No comments: