Sunday, April 12, 2020

Let your faith be stronger than your fear ...

This is my motto now: "Let your faith be stronger than your fear."  So many people are living in fear right now.  And they seem to lack faith in God and themselves; what they know is right and wrong.  They depend on others now to tell them what to do and when they may do it.  I can't imagine having no faith in God or myself.  I know what is right and wrong for me.  So that's how I'm getting through this.  I'm refusing to participate in the craziness and doing all I can to carry out my normal routine.

What have I been doing?  I've been working outdoors a lot!  Got all of my flower beds cleaned, Preened and mulched.  YEAH!  Helped Wendell thrown limbs off trails.  Stacked branches from our big wind storm last week into wood piles for the little critters to hide in from the big critters.  Put out most of my yard decor (which gets smaller and smaller each year).  Got the front porch all ready for summer comfort.  Well, here's a few pics, too ...

(Oh, BTW, I've added a new page showing my quilts.  If you want to look at quilts it's in the right side column under "pages".)


Finally remembered to set one last time piece to Daylight Savings Time (sigh!).

Took a long, hard look at my dwindling wool stash and decided I need purples and oranges. Think I'll dye some next week, plus more bright greens, too.

Working on another needlepunch project which will go on that purse (hidden under the pattern).  I'll show you the completed piece next time ...

This was what I found last Friday at Walmart ... still haven't found any TP anywhere since this foolishness all started.  I'm getting desperate ..........
Want to see what $1,500.00 looks like?  Wendell finally qualified for free Eliquis.  Each of these bottles would have cost him $500 -- which we've already been paying for several months ...  Praise the Lord we're good now thru the end of this year.  So all of our inquiries, form-filling and waiting has paid off.  God is good!

Only word I can caption this photo with is "pitiful"  ... this is what we are ordered by our government to do now if we want to attend church.  Either that or find some streaming service to watch or listen to.  This was our drive-in Easter Sunday service this a.m. at Freedom UMC.  I don't know if I was more sad previous Sundays at home or this Sunday at "church".  But at least I got to wave at some of my church family...  

All in all, it's going fine here.  But I'm not like so many of my friends who are hunkered down like they would be during a WWII blackout.  I feel so sorry for them!  So I'm doing fine mentally.  I know who holds tomorrow.  Hang in there and before you know it this will all be over and we can count the cost of our fear.




No comments: