Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just a quick note of thanksgiving ... and btw, happy Thanksgiving day from me to all of you.  I truly have so much to be thankful for this year!  Although we've moved from rural Greene county to Winchester (Indiana), and have had to leave our "dream home", I still feel so grateful.  I woke up this morning!  Am enjoying pretty good health for someone who is 76 years old.  I have a wonderful family who are all healthy and content (knock on wood); and hubby is even having more good days than bad.  We have a beautiful granddaughter who is 16 going on 29.  We're settling in to a new smaller home and sharing the enjoyment of making it our own.  And I'm still with the same guy I started out with almost 58 years ago.  What's not to love and be thankful for!?

Here's a few pics of the new place, interior (I don't have an exterior shot yet).  We're in a 55+ complex of cookie-cutter duplex condos plus a place they call "the lodge" which are small independent living apartments in a larger building.  We share this duplex with a nice couple who our kids both know their kids ... since our kids grew up around here a few years ago. 😉  Everyone we've met seems very nice.  It's quiet and peaceful, and very predictable.  

Only thing I need to do is get back into sewing and/or hooking.  I have done some needlepunch but that's all; been busy 'decorating'.  And taking drives to get re-acquainted with this area -- we lived in this county from 1969-1984 so we know it somewhat but there have been some small changes.  It's all good so far.  Went to a new dentist yesterday (checkup) and that was a good experience.  Have to meet a new NP in December and hope it goes as smoothly as the dentist ...  Still need to go to the BMV to have my drivers license changed, go to the courthouse to get a homestead exemption, have Wendell meet his new cardio doctor, and other stuff like that!  Making a list, checking it twice.

Well, here's some pics then I'll sign off.  More later ...


Living room with door into office at end ...


Guest room where I'll set up a table to sew soon (I hope) ...G


Kitchen ...


Master bedroom ... I have things to add to most of these rooms, like wall decor ...


I have the twig table Wendell and Neil made for me in the entry hall and have found a windmill mirror to hang over it yet, along with some other wall art for that area that I have but just not hung.  And a lamp to put on it ...  Also need a new counter-depth frig and replace the patio (it's cracked).  So I think by next summer we'll be all settled in.  (Do you know how difficult it is to get appliances right now!?)  Anyway ...

God is good.  And again, Happy Turkey Day!

1 comment:

Marilyn Navarro said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.