Saturday, September 22, 2012

Runaway quilting ...

Just returned yesterday from a three-day quilting retreat at Mt. St. Joseph Retreat Center near Owensboro KY.  Been there several years and I have to say that this was the most productive time I have ever spent there!  I was able to concentrate yet still socialize; it must have been the company I was keeping!  I completed a quilt top that I started several years ago, took a one-day class called Log Cabin Triangles, and then got a good start on sewing and cutting for this new quilt the day following the class.  Just completing that old project was so freeing.  Hate having so many UFOs around.  And unlike some things you start and then finish years later, I actually still like the fabrics I chose.  Have one quilt over at Sheila's Sew Time being quilted, and hope that I'll have the backing prepared so I can take this quilt to be quilted when I pick up the other one.  Keeping my fingers crossed ...

Besides getting a lot done, it was great spending time with Jane and Margo.  Jane drove and we discovered that US 231 is now four lanes all the way on from I-64 south into Owensboro.  That made for a very smooth trip.  And I didn't get us lost this year!  Yeah!  The food was alright with lots of salads, which is a good thing.  One day we had some awesome chicken noodle soup for lunch.  (You know how women fuss about food.)  Jane, Margo and I had lots of time to talk as we worked in the gym, where sit n' sew was held.  They probably know lots more about me than they ever wanted to.  LOL!

Today I spent the a.m. over at the garage in my work room putting things away and laying out my new quilt pieces on the table, preparing to continue working on it here at home.  But right now I'm tired and I think I'll just read for a spell.  It's nice being home.

Just read a good quote this a.m. in my daily devotional by Sarah Ban Breathnach.  I am contemplating a major change in my life.  It was almost prophetic:  "If not now, then when?"  Indeed.

The Retreat Center courtyard with quilts hanging from the rails.

At the neighboring table Sarah was making these fabulous baskets!  I hope they do a class on this next year!

No comments: