Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Busy busy busy ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, FROM OUR HOUSE TO YOURS!
 
And So This is Christmas.  That's my favorite Christmas song of the day.  John Lennon.  Funny, I really never was a Beatle fan.  But I like that song right now.  Heard it again today in the car on the way home from the dentist and really cranked it up.  I got him to hold off on the major dental work until January.  So the minor work is done for now and I have about 5 weeks break until I go back to the dentist again for the expensive stuff.  OH, YEAH!

I think I'm done Christmas shopping!  I just have one more thing ordered and it's for the big guy so I still have a week till that's needed.  Son called tonight to warn of maybe rotten weather for our family Christmas up north.  Well, it could happen.  But we'll make it there and back one way or another.

Found these three dish towels (I suppose) at an antique mall recently.  Like them a lot.  Now, what to do with them?  I could use them for pillows maybe? ... 

Also found these quilt blocks at the same place.  They appear to be pretty old.  I have them on the design wall and am trying to figure out what to put with them.  They're big -- 18" square.  The more I look at them the more I like them ...

I baked all of these cookies and two of the three events I baked them for were cancelled due to weather, so now we have 7 dozen cookies in the freezer.  Guess we'll have to choke them down ourselves ... (sigh).  Actually, we never have welcomed our new neighbors and we could do so with a plate of cookies!  Also disappointing was that the rug hooking guild I belong to cancelled their Christmas party and it only rained.  What can I say?  We have turned into a country controlled by the weatherman.  I refuse to participate.  For instance, the antique tractor association we belong to was going to have a Christmas in the Village event and I understood when they cancelled the first weekend; there was a big storm.  But last weekend?  It rained for Pete's sake!  Oh well, like I said ... 

Tomorrow is hooking at the Library and I'm looking forward to that.  Hope someone shows up!  At least I know Laurie is coming from Indy.  Isn't that something?  She and I may be the only ones there.  And she's driving all the way here from Indy.  I think these local gals are trying to tell me something about daytime hooking -- Not popular!  And obviously everyone knows that most hookers do their best work at night!  Ya gotta laugh.  It's my life.

Have a blessed Christmas holiday.