Monday, December 14, 2015

Longing for snow (never thought I'd say that!) ...

Well, I am so over autumn and ready for winter!  If I have to stay here I want it to be cold and snow!  Especially for Christmas!  (Hope that doesn't backfire on me.)  Really, this warm weather is just freaky.  We did have some chilly weather couple weeks ago and I took this weird picture.  It frosted the screen on the EAST side of the porch, but not the other two sides!  What?

But since I took this picture it's gotten warm and I've painted the deck handrails, cut back some daylillies and raked leaves!  And had the windows open!

Just before Thanksgiving Worthington businesses had their holiday open house.  Santa came to town, the garden club had their soup lunch, Tri Kappa had their bake sale, and it was just an all around good place to be.  AND it snowed some while we were in town.  Made you start feeling like Christmas!  We visited Worthington Antiques, the SonShine Shop (thrift), Dyer's, Dusty Collectibles, Nicole's cute little shop on the corner, and ate lunch at the Route 67 Diner.  Here's some pictures I took that day.  (Of course, my fav is Denise's antique shop ...)  Bought some stuff from Denise and some fabric at the thrift shop, and Wendell bought a cake at the bake sale.
At Worthington Antiques ...

Also at W.A. ...

When we got home from town, here's what our north yard looked like.  It was magical!
After that the weather just got warmer and warmer!  And I think there's no end of this wonderful weather in sight!  ARGH!  But I'm thinking, maybe 2016 will bring us a surprise ...

Wendell's on the Worship Committee at church and they decorated couple weeks ago.  Here's two pictures of the interior of our little church when they finished decorating for the holidays.


The Freedom United Methodist Church (in Freedom, Indiana) really is a cozy, welcoming church.  It's just about the size of a side chapel in a big-city church, but so much more open and hospitable.  Everyone knows you; they need you and you need them.  I don't know what we'd do without our church family.  Wendell had a good time that day and the ladies put him to work doing the tall-guy stuff.  He slept well that night.  Most of the decorations are stored in the parsonage, upstairs, in a closet in a sort of difficult-to-get-to place that only one person at a time can access, so it was a teamwork sort of day.  But they persevered and all enjoyed chili soup together when they finished.  He had a good time!

Found these at the Gasthoff, in their gift shop annex.  I think I got a good buy for $3.00!
Our Washington hooking guild had their Christmas party at the Gasthoff in Montgomery last Saturday and it sure was fun!  There were about 18 of us there I think.  We had a great lunch.  Lots of talking and laughing.  Following lunch we had an ornament exchange and I got the cutest needle felted penguin (from Jan Cabel).  She told me she had made 17 of these guys!  She is fantastic.  They were for a party she was going to the following day.  What do you think?  Isn't he cute ...


I've put him in the basket with my Christmas cards and he's a good guard.  In a few days I'll blog again and show you some pictures of my new Christmas tree (yeah!) and from our trip to Newburgh for Woolen Heirlooms open house.

Have a blessed week!  And remember, God is good.  All the time.

No comments: