Friday, July 13, 2018

For Dave ...

My sweet cousin Dave Deming died a few days ago.  

Here's to Dave -- a quiet, kind, brave man.  Fun to be around.  A good husband and father. 

I didn't see him often these past few years and I know we both grew and changed, but I'll always think of him as my little cousin with the soft smile.  

I remember him as a kid, coming to our farm and staying a week.  He spent most of the time out with my brothers, but I still enjoyed having him around (to tease me).  

His sister Janie is just the best, and I know she'll miss him and has lots of good memories to treasure ...

To Dave ....

Here's Janie and I, "swimming" ... Dave is lurking in the background. LOL!

All the Schooley family together at our farm except Uncle Harold & his gang ... in the front row is Janie, me and Dave.  Mom was behind the camera.  (Obviously Elizabeth Jane was wanting to be somewhere else!)

The cousins.  Front row: me, Dave and a pouting Janie! Back row: Don, Phyllis Ann and Gale.  This was taken in our front yard and I can see just a smidgen of an old car in the background, parked outside the fence along the road.  (Why did Mom always make us face the sun for pictures ???  No wonder Janie is fussing!!! LOL!!!)

Wonderful studio portrait of Janie & Dave.

And here they are just a couple years ago.



God bless you Dave.

No comments: