Thursday, February 21, 2019

The End.

Probably when you read this we'll be home.  In a way not wanting this time to end; in another way will be glad to be back home.  Hopefully everything will be okay when we get there. I always dread getting laundry caught up and getting the kitchen re-stocked when we return. Guess that's my two main dreaded chores.  

Here's what happened toward the end of our time there ...

Went to the Museum of the Big Bend.  They had a special exhibit of icons that was impressive. Here's St. Isidore, the farming saint of Spain.

Here's a wonderful quote that greets you as you enter the museum ...

The entrance to the Museum of the Big Bend in Alpine, TX.
We drove out to the base of Mitre Peak east of Fort Davis on the way home from Alpine.  What a lovely drive! Saw mountain sheep, antelope and lots of cattle.

Here's some of the buildings downtown Ft. Davis.  The Javelins & Hollyhocks shop is pretty neat.

There were several little shops and galleries in this Ft. Davis old motel. My fav was BeaTea K. where I purchased a few things to bring home.

I crocheted some hats and scarves while we were there for Project Warmth (for next winter).  By the time comes around to turn them in this fall, I hope to have lots more done!

Of course when we get near Springfield MO we stop at Bass Pro.  Wendell got a new pair of shoes and I got a t-shirt for V.  They now have their own motel right across the street and we stayed there.  So convenient to be able to just walk across the street.  Enjoyed dinner at Hemingway's last night.  I took TONS of pictures of our room and the lobby!  Awesome!  But I won't bore you with those.  Just let me say that if you're ever near there you should stay.  It's small but really nice!!!

We're in a new Hampton Inn in Sikeston MO tonight.  I gotta say it's probably the best Hampton I've ever stayed at.  Very modern and clean.  The decor is spectacular and unique.  This wall hanging is old paint cans!  Cool!  My DIL Jane would like this motel just for the wall art ...
Well, that's that ... thanks to everyone who shared their thoughts with me about our adventure and said prayers for me.  I look forward to being back with our church family in a few days.  God is good.


No comments: