Monday, September 27, 2021

Autumn is my favorite time of year!

I love the change of seasons in Indiana.  I think I would get so tired if it was always nice, or always rainy (like in the NW), or always hot.  So I'm enjoying this fall weather.  Today it's very windy. So much so that it's blowing up my outdoor rug on the patio, flipping chairs and actually blowing the water out of the bird bath!  I thought it was windy in the country up on the hill; that was nothing compared to what I have here.  In fact, I have had a persistent leak down my furnace exhaust and into the utility closet, and after the repair guy finally got "exhausted" he's telling me the HVAC people say the exhaust is just sucking up the rain because it is so windy right here.  So there ...  NOW.  Whenever something like that happens to me now I think of what Wendell would do/say/think/curse over, etc. ... LOL!  He would not be buying that story I can tell you that.  But there it is.  I have to deal with it.  That's the beginning of the story of how a new widow makes her way in the world.  LOLOLOL!  It's been interesting so far.  

I know that things are different now, AC (after covid) but really, why doesn't any repair person answer their phone at least to say 'sorry, I'm covered up and can't get to you until 2023'.  But no.  They just don't return your calls.  So I have calls out to electricians, HVAC people and flooring people, and I'm not holding my breath till they call back.  At least I found a good plumber ...

Someone asked me how I fill my time now and, well, I do a lot of driving around.  Exploring my new world.  I still have a long way to go (within one day) until I've seen everything I want to see and go everywhere I want to go.  Soon I'll start packing an overnight bag.  I'm not kidding.  Also, I've been doing some needlepunch and lots of crochet.  I've crocheted about a dozen washcloths and several lap robes.  Also crocheting a neat scarf for myself.  I've been quilting some.  But no rug hooking; haven't pulled a loop since retreat in March.  And I try to walk a little every day (unless the weather won't cooperate).  Found out my right knee is now bone-on-bone so my walking is not a lot but a little.  

Well, let me look at my photos and share some with you.  They tell what I've been up to more than anything.

Found this old photo of mom in a book recently.  Guess I was using it as a bookmark.  Actually, I've been through lots of photos recently.  I laugh, I cry ... it's my life.



These two murals are in Portland.
They also have a new one that is being worked on right now.  I take
lots of mural photos now and I'll share them, too.

This mural is in a stairwell in Geneva.  For a split-second when I first saw it I thought it was a real person.  It's right next to an antiques store and on the side of the library building.

Did I already show you this quilt top?  (Sorry if I did.)  I guess it is one of the favorite things I have made recently.  Sent it along to Jane to be quilted and donated to the HEbron Boys Home in Lyons, Indiana.  It was fun to work on!

Well, next time I'll share some sayings plaques I've come across in antiques shops recently.  I'm collecting photos of them ... not buying them.  LOL!

Till next time, stay strong and make good use of each day.  God bless you.

No comments: