Saturday, November 27, 2021

Back from a short break ...

Sorry it's been so long since I wrote here!  You know, I write in a journal several times a week.  For a while I'll be very faithful and write every day, then I'll turn around, see the book and think 'I haven't written anything since last week/month/year ...'  So I guess that's why I've taken off from writing here.  I've been a faithful journal-er lately.  Plus, my life is just so different now!  Sigh.  One of the things I add every day I write is a good memory of Wendell.  The funeral director challenged me to do that and has truly made me happy to think back on the good days.

Plus, even though I had the shot and have been pretty careful where I go and what I do, I still got the COVID.  Must say, it's the sickest I can remember being from the aspect of coughing, breathing issues and feeling just beat up.  No fever though.  That's why I put off getting tested, because I never had a fever.  But after about 4 days I drove down to the testing site (just a hop, skip and jump away from me) and what do you know ... I tested positive on both the 15 minute test and the longer test.  (You know, that was one test I wouldn't have minded not passing.)  Anyway, no one wanted to be around me and I've just got back 'out' this week.  I stayed isolated for about 3 1/2 weeks.  My son, Adrian, called me almost every day and I believe he helped me keep my sanity from the isolation.  He and his wife had it, too, much more serious than I did.  If he hadn't kept me bucked up and told me of their experiences and gave me advise, I don't know how I could have made it.  Tomorrow I'll go back to church; missed 4 weeks.  Went to hook n' crochet on Wednesday, and Jeff and Jane had me over for a casual Thanksgiving lunch Thursday.  So it's all good.  I wonder if we'll ever be over this and/or be normal again in this country.  I certainly don't want to get covid again, but I'm thinking it could happen.

Let me see what I have in the way of photos ... don't think much.  Maybe I'll show you some of the murals around here!  Yeah ... here's just a few.


I went to Bluffton in September and had lunch with my sister, then "did" downtown Bluffton.  Didn't take long (LOL!).  Now that wasn't nice; they do have a couple good antiques shops and a nice consignment shop.  Here's a new mural that was recently put on the side of the building west of the court house.  When I was a kid there was a J.C. Penney store where that flower bed is now ...



On the NE corner of Main & Market in Bluffton -- the 'main intersection' -- is this interesting mural.  Those are the only two murals I found in Bluffton.  This is in Wells County, where I grew up.



This mural is in downtown Dunkirk.  It is huge!  They've stuck a lot in that mini-park, too, besides benches and landscaping -- little lending library and a food pantry box.  The next block over is a great little pub called The Glass Capital Grill.  It's all about glass in Dunkirk, museum and all...


 
I included this little mural because it's on the side of the Farmland Community Center where I spend each Wednesday a.m. crocheting with a nice group of women (and one man on occasion).  Red Gold is famous all over Indiana.

On the plus side, since I wrote here last, I got the flooring guy to come and now I have beautiful hard floors all over the condo except the two bedrooms, where they put down cushy new carpet.  (Wow!  Wendell would have loved this.  So many things like that now; I talk to him sometimes and I cry almost every day.  Don't think that will ever stop.)  Also, I got the garage door man to come and repair my garage door so it will be more weather tight for winter.  Now, if they could just fix the leak in my roof ... (never happy are we).

Well, that's all for now.  I think I'll decorate for Christmas this coming week.  How's your Christmas prep going?  God bless you all and have a great week.  And remember, you can tell God ANYTHING and he will listen and not judge!

No comments: