Thursday, December 9, 2010

Another day another ...

Well, what a whirlwind has swept through my life!  As a "retired" woman I never actually get a day off (anyone of a like age can identify).  My husband, Wendell, has been stricken with arthritic gout in his left hand!  Wow!  But what the heck, he has had just about everything imaginable during the past 10 years of his life so he might as well try this too.  He worked HARD when he worked, and in his retired life he goes through every Monday through Friday as if he were still somehow "on the clock".  He never feels satisfied until he has accomplished something, and most days that "something" is a lot of things!  So what I'm trying to say is he is a busy guy who gets a lot done.  That sometimes puts some pressure on the spouse to keep up in some way.  Not what I had imagined as "retirement" for me but it has been working okay so far I guess.  Perhaps this has kept us both young?  This business?  For now, we're waiting for the word on how the NP wants to treat him so late today or tomorrow we'll get the word.  Meanwhile he is existing on pain meds.  (I think I need some sort of "meds" myself !!! LOL !!!)

I have gotten lots of things done in my work room in the past few days, and even started a new project.  I'm using the proddy technique to make some lapel pins out of wool fabric.  When I figure out how to do it, I'll post some pictures of my various projects here.  Several years ago I started a rug hooking group in Worthington and we get together the first Tuesday of each month at the library in the evening.  We met this week and had more than rug hooking going on ... two women were doing needlefelting, two of us were making proddy pins, one was binding a hooked table mat and the rest were hooking.  We also had a little visitor, age 5, and she is determined that she is going to hook!  She is doing great!  I wonder if she will keep hooking and remember meeting with us?  Wouldn't that be great!?

Winter is here for sure and it's cold cold cold!  Maybe I'll get to some sunny place this winter ... that would be wonderful!  I dream of Green Valley AZ .......

No comments: