Friday, December 10, 2010

A quilting day ...

Today I spent some more time in my work room and sewed the binding on a quilt.  This was a top I bought at a country auction near Carlisle, Ind. last fall.  It is a nice top and I wish I knew something about the talented woman who made it!  I feel I got this way too cheap and makes me wonder ... what will happen to some of the things I have made over the years and put so much time and $$$ into!?  I'll never know ...  But as for this quilt, I hope this woman somehow knows that it is finished and we did a good job! It has a scalloped edge and is a scrap quilt.  Tonight I'll sit and hand sew the binding down and call it done!  What fun!

(Done and posted a picture on the right in the section "what I'm working on now ...".)

Hubby has been feeling better today so when he's happy, I'm happy.  We are trying to figure out how we can get away from this cold Indiana winter and head south ... who knows!?  Maybe we'll figure something out.  But there is always something on our calendars here!  What to do?  (Use the eraser ...)

No comments: