Friday, June 28, 2013

What a great day ...

Our 50th wedding anniversary celebration was last Saturday at the Methodist Fellowship Hall in Spencer and it truly was a great day.  More folks stopped by than I thought (the guys had to put up an extra table), we got to see some family that we hadn't seen in a while, there was lots of good food to enjoy, a storm blew through during the afternoon.  What else?  Oh, I think everyone enjoyed our slide show of our life.  So many good friends...  I was especially glad to see so many members of our church family there, too.  And Alan and Armanda came from Ridgeville.  Our nephew Kevin was there with Lori and we hadn't see them in years!  

I hope everyone had even half as good a day as we did!  We have been living on that 'high' all week.  We were tired by the end of the day and I thank God for our family ... Adrian, Gloria, Jeff, Jane and Veronica whipped the place back into place in less than an hour and we were all out of there.  

Here's a few pictures of our day ...

Before the open house began, we opened this unexpected gift from the kids -- a box of magazines and a couple newspapers from the month we were married, February 1963.  You can see which ones we chose as our favorites!  This will be sooooooo much fun to go through during the next few weeks!  (I can already tell you I LOVE the ads for shoes in this copy of Vogue magazine!)
Then the obligatory pix of us cutting the cake had to be taken ...
Here I am talking with Leland (Don's wife, Nancy, is in the green)  ...
We decorated the tables with these flower arrangements ...
There was a very nice buffet ... here's Margo and Neil, and Emma on the right ...
Talking with my brother Don; Mike and Cathy laughing ...
Us ...
It was a great day.  We received so many beautiful greeting cards, too.  What can I say!?  

But now it's over and time to move on to the next chapter.  Because  life goes on.  I go for a root canal next Tuesday.  (Wow, I sure don't look forward to that!)   Owen County Home Extension Homemakers Achievement Day was yesterday and I was privileged to present the awards to the Cultural Arts winners.  We go to Shawnee this weekend to see the next play.  A few 'vacation' days away are ahead soon.  The Owen County Fair begins in a few days and I have things to prepare for that.  The yard ALWAYS needs mowing.  

It's always something ...