Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Back after a short hiatis ...

Sorry about the computer "vacation".  Had some computer/husband problems.  Too complicated to explain but I'll bet some of you have been there ...

Just noticed that I am getting lots of goofy comments so I had to go through and delete all of them, report spam comments to Blogger, then change my settings so only people who are registered as followers can comment.  Hope all of this went well.  You can follow/comment as anonymous.  

One of the big happenings in my life recently include helping work at the Fiber Fair in Washington on May 18.  It was a great day and I enjoyed helping teach the beginning rug hooking class in the a.m., then shopping, visiting and just generally hanging out in the p.m.  I got a wonderful little cobweb broom from the Sunflower Brooms lady ...  
Here's that sweet little cobweb broom; and it works great! The handle is smooth as silk!
I was able to sell all of my little hooked pieces at the fiber fair in our Guild Marketplace booth (as well as some other crafty "stuff") and came home a little richer.

A week or so ago I finished the run of place mats I was weaving.  It was my first venture at doing place mats on the loom and I decided that I definitely want to get a tabletop loom!  It is so silly to weave a 12" wide place mat on that big floor loom!  So I will have to start watching for a bargain on a tabletop loom on the Internet!  Margo says watch Craig's List! 
Here's my favorite set of place mats ... but not very practical since they were woven with silk ribbon.  Feels wonderful to the hand!
Second favorite ... because they are woven with selvages only.  Very unusual!  (You can feel free to save your selvages for me! LOL!)

Most of the other place mats are very practical and utilitarian looking.  This is something we needed and can use every day for sure.  Yeah!  I took one of my woven rugs to the Fiber Fair but it didn't sell.  

We did use up the end of the first plantings of radishes and onions; also stopped snapping asparagus.  Here's the end of that part of our vegetable garden ...



Planted more spinach, having harvested all of the first planting as of yesterday.  The garlic, tomatoes, cabbage, dill, pepper plant and more green onions are doing well.  I will have a long empty row soon and have to decide if I want to plant some sort of beans ... or beets?  Planted more radishes but if the weather turns hot they won't taste good.  We have surely enjoyed having these nice moderate days and cool nights with no AC needed!  Yeah!  Makes for a smaller electric bill for sure.

We're busy preparing for our 50th anniversary celebration and hoping we get someone there to share it with us.  This weekend we're going to Winchester to Mandy and Alan G.'s 50th.  Time flies ...

Have a blessed week, what's left of it.  Congrats to Jane & Craig -- XOXOXO.

No comments: