Friday, November 1, 2013

Warped ...

HAPPY (LATE) HALLOWEEN!  This is Margo White's cute little Halloween cat.  Got it at the Made in Greene County event at WRV a few weeks ago.

Here's a few of us "Jolly" women all dolled up at the Hobo Heaven dinner in Spencer.  Bernadene, me, Karla & Penny.  It was a fun Halloween event!  So glad I went!  We have a really good County President this year with lots of creative ideas. 
Well, the loom is warped for another run of rugs.  Now all I have to do is thread the heddles and reed.  That's the easy part, though sometimes tedious.  I'm looking forward to using up lots more of my quilting cotton.  Plus I've been collecting such things as chenille bedspreads, wool that's too heavy or too lightweight for hooking, plastic shopping bags (!) and men's ties, to try some interesting effects!  We'll see ...  Wendell was a big help!  There was one problem spool of warp that kept running off the end, so one of us had to keep a finger on the end of that spool.  And the other one cranked.  ARGH!  Anyway, it's done now.

Last week I taught four very interested women how to hook.  The class was in Spencer so I'm "spreading the word" out of Greene County, into Owen County!  It's sort of like my mission, I guess.  They were all doing well by the end of the evening and we had a very comfortable place to use as a classroom.  And lots of fun and laughs.  What more could you ask?  There is always the fear that I'll find someone who just doesn't get it.  That's only happened for me one time.  I keep my fingers crossed every time I have newbies ...

I'm on the fellowship dinner committee now at church, so today I'll be roasting the turkey for Sunday's dinner.  Tomorrow I'll make a pumpkin pie and Sunday afternoon the bread dressing in the crock pot.  Hope I can do a decent job to replace the woman who was the lead person on that committee.  Nothing like being thrown right in, not only on the committee, but as the lead.  That's what prayer is all about, right?  That and a good cookbook ...

We've had several turkeys here lately.  Here's a few that visited several days ago.  They spent a lot of time out west of the house and I'm hoping they ate all of the box elder bugs!
We had lots of rain and wind yesterday and I'm thinking the gutters are probably filled with leaves today.  Poor Wendell ...  But now you can see through the trees and when a train goes through I can probably count the number of cars.  (Sometimes the high point of my day in the winter ...)  I was amazed that the leaves were being blown all of the way from the woods to the driveway !  Yikes !  It was way windy.  

Have a great weekend.  God Bless!