Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Is it hot enough for ya'?...

Yikes!  This heat!  And the humidity has been awful, too.  I believe today it's supposed to be 94.  Thank goodness for AC!  Had a friend whose AC went out about 10 days ago and had to have a new unit installed.  In fact, we've had two sets of friends that that has happened to this summer.  I keep my fingers crossed; ours is 19 summers old ...

Nevertheless, I've been spending a little more time than usual outdoors each day, very early.  I got both of the propane tanks washed.  They look like new!  Had to use cleaning vinegar to cut the crud.  Also been weeding and watering flowers since we've not had rain for some time.  No mowing now; lawn has gone dormant. Things look stressed out there.  The raccoon problem we have doesn't help; they are so destructive.  I've given up on one flower bed, which they dig in almost every night.  Other jobs I want to finish this summer are painting some exterior doors -- but it'll have to be less humid for that.  Also, power wash the decks.  Always something ...

I have nothing new to add in photos that we've done lately; it's been too hot to go anywhere and do anything!  LOL!  But I wanted to add these three pictures I found recently.  Still going through stuff, sorting and organizing and discarding.  You know the routine.  These are photos of me and my brothers Don and Gale.  Hey ... Think I'll put more of this sort of thing on here!

Well, hope you're enjoying summer and I hope some of you truly enjoy this hot, humid weather more than I.  God bless!

Don, Gale, me.

Don, me, Gale.

Gale, me, Don.



1 comment:

Donna said...

Always fun to take a walk down memory lane with old photos. So sad this generation most likely will not have that opportunity.
Enjoy!