Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hooking tonight ...

To say I'm diving right back into the fray would be an understatement!  Only been home a couple days and feel like I've never been away.  Yesterday I picked up a quilt that a sweet lady hand-quilted for me while I was gone, and today, besides preparing two beginner rug hooking kits for hooking tonight, I trimmed the edge of that quilt.  I'd like to have it bound by the end of the week.  Seems like I am now equally divided by both the hooking and the quilting!  I wish I had more hours in the day!  And I know that soon the yard work will be calling.  I enjoy that, too.

The Holy Hookers meet the first Tuesday of each month at the Library in Worthington.  Tonight I'm going to have at least one newbie so wanted to show you the kit I'm using now (below).  I used to use a kit called "Two Little Stars" but honestly I got tired of it myself.  So I changed to this kit about a year ago.  The sample is hooked in this way to show beginners a couple of the variations they could do with the two hit n' miss blocks.  Honestly I've been surprised at how many have hooked this EXACTLY like this, which I never intended to have them do!  But they were happy with it.  I think this kit would make up as a good pillow.  More later in the week ...

No comments: