Friday, March 4, 2011

Blog remodel day ...


(PICTURE ABOVE IS LOOKING THROUGH THE SCREENED PORCH AT THE FLOODING BELOW OUR HOUSE.  THIS IS NORMALLY A FIELD.  ROAD IN FOREGROUND.)

Today I'm doing some housekeeping here.  The pictures from Texas will all be at the bottom of the blog until those posts pertaining to TX drop off, then I'll just remove them or add the appropriate pictures to the posts so they'll be "out there" somewhere, together.  I'm going to add some things at the right side, such as what I'm working on right now, antique finds, things I collect, etc.  I may just add to my book list to keep a list for 2011 (?).  Who knows what else.  Hope you enjoy the slide show, too.

I especially want to add some pictures of some of the rug's I've hooked.  I think I'll begin with a group of rugs that I hooked from Margo White designs.

Yesterday was sort of an eye-opening day.  We had a power outage.  Now this is nothing unusual.  This happens ... it will go off just long enough that you have to go around and re-set all of the clocks, microwave, answering machine, etc.  But I finally put together what had happened (and it was actually a problem on our road this time) with the fact that we are now flooded in here.  So ......... what would happen if the power company couldn't get here for a week or so let's say?  Well, it wouldn't be fun.  Of course, we could walk out on the railroad tracks and get someone to take us to a motel.  We've walked out in the past in AWFUL weather.  But if it was cold enough we might have a frozen water pipe problem.  We could loose everything in our frig & freezer.  Those are the two main things I can think of right now.  But you know, neither of these are the "end of the world" ... we could live through that.  It just wouldn't be fun.  If some health issue might happen while we're flooded in here I think I know someone who already has a plan in mind.  So I have actually always felt sort of at peace and "free" while we are unable to drive wherever, whenever we want.  I can just say "sorry, I can't make it right now".  LOL!

More later ...  yours from flooded southwestern Indiana.  Judy

2 comments:

laurie said...

Water Water everywhere. Do you have a boat?????
Nice pics of your Margo rugs..The memories...
And your quilt is amazing!!!

Yorktown Remodel said...

I hope you do a great job, make your day. Cheers!