Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Nervous day ...




(More about these pictures below.)

Wendell is gone today and I'm on my own to worry until I get to the dr. this afternoon. Nothing life threatening at this appointment, but I just don't enjoy going to the doctor's office! They always seem to find something more than you went there for ...

But anyway ... yesterday was a Jolly Homemaker computer day. I wrote a little article for the Spencer Evening World just thanking people for attending the New Beginning's baby shower-open house our homemakers club did a few days ago. Also had to write the report for that club's meeting last Wednesday (since I'm the reporter). Got both emailed off to my contact person at the newspaper. Then I had been tasked to do the typing-editing of the same group's constitution. This is something we do every three years; revisit that document to see if there are any changes to be made. So also got that task done and emailed that document off to the committee chair. At the same time I did a couple loads of sheets and hung them on the line! Great! They always smell so good when hung out to dry! Plus, it WAS a sunny day. First in a long time it seems. And to top it off I finished pricing my sales items for the Fiber Fair which the Hoosier Hills Rug Hooking Guild is sponsoring this Saturday, with the help of a tall person who lives here I finished cleaning the top shelves of the kitchen cabinets on one side of the kitchen, AND hooked one square on my current rug hooking project. PHEW! I'm tired ... LOL!

If you're within driving distance I highly recommend Fiber Fair (probably have done so here already ... sorry!). Just about any fiber art will be represented there with a booth selling & demonstrating their craft. This year I am more free than I have ever been for the fair and I can honestly say I am looking forward to Saturday. I don't even have to go for set-up day Friday! How good is that!?

At the top of the page are a couple pictures of the front door (look at the sidelight) and the side door of our house. We have had this Kamakazee (sp?) cardinal who has literally bloodied his beak, shed feathers and pooped while diving at these two windows. I'm sure he's seeing his reflection, but man, what a mess he has made and I'm thinking he has knocked something loose upstairs to keep this up. So these newspapers taped to the windows are the only thing protecting him/us. Saturday when Jeff was here I tried taking them down because the cardinal hadn't been hanging around for a couple days. It was not more than 5 minutes after I removed the papers that he returned, so Jeff helped me tape up both windows again! (Sigh!) He started going to one door and you'd chase him off and he'd fly to the other side of the house and attack there! What a crazy bird! Cardinals are nuts (sorry Ball State fans!). More later ...

No comments: