Sunday, August 19, 2012

Electrifying time at the Foster homestead ...

We had a great trip to Grand Rapids to spend time with the kids and granddaughter.  Here's a pix of her with her favorite chick at Boulder Ridge Park, where we spent most of Wednesday.  At their house Veronica and I did all sorts of crafts together and Grandpa did a lot of snoozing on the couch.  It was a good time for sure.


After we arrived home Thursday evening almost immediately a storm came up.  What else is new?  It can't just rain here, it has to storm!  LOL!  We were sitting there, watching the tornado and severe storm warnings on TV, when a lightning strike hit VERY nearby and zap ... there went our TV and VCR.  Great ... just what we need.  I don't think we'll hurry to replace them.  There's nothing I've missed so far on TV anyway (but I will miss reruns of The Big Bang Theory ...).  Wendell thinks it will be fun to take them both apart, just to see what's inside.  

Friday we went to Bloomington and got my PT out of the "hospital" ... aka Town & Country Chrysler.  They put new control arms on it, fixed the AC and changed the oil.  It is like a new car!  Yeah!  We will just drive it till the wheels come off THEN get a new car.  Who wants a car payment right now, anyway?  Not me ...  plus I don't know what I'd get to replace it with ...

A new week is just over the horizon.  I think I'll probably be busy with tomatoes.  Here's a sample ...
Besides canning I've also been turning these into ...
my own fresh salsa!  Yum!

Have a wonderful week yourself!

No comments: