Sunday, March 4, 2012

This n' that ...

For some reason I'm having trouble getting back to some sort of routine.  Lots of 'extra' things have been thrown into the mix here.  After getting unpacked and semi back to normal Wendell and I went up to see Mom for a couple days.  BTW ... two days after we returned home she had a doctor appointment and he says she can now put full weight back on that leg.  Considering that 'they' said at the beginning that she would probably be in a wheelchair for the rest of her life, this is no less than a miracle to me.  Mom is very upbeat now, and bright and cheery.  I don't blame her!  She has always been motivated to keep up with life, this is no different.  The people at RT fully expect her to be back in her apartment soon.  We are thankful.  I was so glad to see her ...

Shopped Wednesday.  Cleaned house Thursday.  It was purely a coincidence that I got sick that night.  (LOL!)  Poor Wendell ... once again he is stuck with my obligations.  On Friday he had to call off a lunch I had planned.  Also had to bake brownies for a funeral dinner.  And deliver them.  Thank goodness he enjoys cooking from time to time.  (But it's usually on the grill.)  So for the past two days I have felt punk.  I skipped church today; don't want to spread it around.  Had a touch of the stomach flu is all ...

We've been able to catch up with friends by phone and had dinner with a couple others, so it's about back to normal.  On our way home from Mom's we stopped in Kokomo and had dinner with Jeff.  It sure was good catching up with him and hearing all about what he has been doing.  Today I got to talk to Adrian (and Veronica).  At their house it's been remodel time.  They tore out the carpet in LR and hall and installed laminate over this weekend!  (Oh, to be young and full of energy again!)  They still had to trim and put furniture back in; they were taking off for a nice lunch out when I talked to them.  Then back to work.

Speaking of 'the boys' ... I think some time ago I promised to put some pictures on here of them in some of the matching outfits I "made" them wear as youngsters.  Here's one; others will be in "pages" at right a.s.a.p.  Enjoy!

"Tarzan" -- Jeff & Adrian, 1966.

1 comment:

Margo said...

After posting this picture I have a feeling they will putting you in a nursing home in your old age! Jeff sure looks like you but not that I've seen you in that outfit! :)