Thursday, April 28, 2011

What's up here you ask ???

Thought I'd use pictures to show what is "up" around our house ...
Of course, the first thing that I thought of was asparagus.  We have already had so much asparagus in the past week that we're ready to give some away!  This was for dinner last night.

Then there's ...
having the outdoor furniture moved from the basement to the front porch.  That's always a good thing.

Then last week I discovered ...
the columbine was blooming!  I got this at a plant exchange last May and forgot about it; almost pulled it up earlier this spring, thinking it was a large clover (duh!!!).  But thankfully I let it go and this is what I got!  Now I want MORE!

Then there is always the trees ...
  the dogwood trees in the woods outside the back door ...
the redbud that Jim Doversberger gave us when we moved away from Indy ...
and the first lilacs I have ever been able to cut from my 10-year-old lilac bush.  Mother and I went to West Virginia to her grandmother's family farm (McGrew's) near Morgantown and Jeanne McGrew gave me several starts of plants at the farm, and this lilac has been babied along ever since.  I had almost given up on it!  Wow, it is special to me!

Well, that's what's new here.  I feel great today ... the sun is shining!  (After 40 days and 40 night of rain ... LOL!)

2 comments:

laurie said...

I love Lilacs!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Wow, I wish I could come over and take some asparagus off of your hands! ;-) Everything looks so springy at your place! Lovely. I love the columbine plants...they spread around too and then you find them popping up in unexpected places.
Have a great bask in the sunshine!
Courtney