Friday, April 1, 2011

Getting there ...

Feel like I've accomplished a lot this week!  This is how I'm feeling ...
Got the round flower bed cleaned out and half of the iris moved!  Yeah!  It looks so much better than before and I feel really good about that flower bed now.  Next year I'll divide the other half and it will look even better.  Then today I got four rug hooking kits assembled and am almost ready for next week's Holy Hookers meeting!  Double "yeah"!

Wendell and I went to visit mother Wednesday.  I was going to go alone as usual but at the last minute I asked him to come along to help drive because it is about a 4 hour one-way deal.  So we pounded it all out in one day.  What a day!  Got up early and were there by 11:30 and took Mom to lunch at her favorite restaurant in Bluffton, Richards.  (It's definitely a senior citizen type of place!)  Visited with her all afternoon until she had to go down to dinner.  (She has to be down there at 4:30 to be served about 5:00.)  So we were on the road at 4:30.  Got to Kokomo about time to have a late dinner with Jeff.  And got the car washed while we were killing time.  Then on home.  Pulled into the garage at 10:30.  So you can see why I usually go up there and stay overnight.  Cutest thing happened ... as I was saying goodbye to Mom she said "I don't want you to go!"  And she was fierce and serious!  That is the first time she has ever said that!  Nice surprise ... you'd have to know our relationship to understand.  Anyway ...

We got the garden planted this week with lettuce, radishes, beets, spinach and onions.  Wow!  It looks like we will have to mow before long.  (No, that's not an April Fools Day joke!)  This afternoon I have to do the dreaded grocery shopping ... what can I say, it's my life.

No comments: