Thursday, June 16, 2011

Well ...

Completed the directions for making the lapel pins at the bottom of this blog for the ladies who asked for it. If you have further questions, please advise (my email address is toward the top at the right).

Sorry to report that my futile attempt at stopping that stupid cardinal have been in vain! The little person at the laundry room window has worked. The cactus, not so much ... it was just a lull I guess; maybe he and the missus were on vacation. So I have doubled up on the plants at the base of the windows so now he just gets up real close by standing on the plants and looks at himself but doesn't throw himself at the window. Go figure ...

Just finished binding my quilt and put a picture on the left. Also, I'm close on the Scrappy Squares rug and want to get this done for county fair but don't know if that will happen ...

For those who have been thinking of her, my mother is progressing as well as can be expected. She is somewhat depressed by what has happened to her but I think she will get through this. I know she wants to get back to "normal". Who wouldn't??? She is very strong and determined. I have faith. Thank you for all of your prayers for her well-being.

Has been a busy week ... more doctor appointments this week (2) and next (1). And I want to go back up to Bluffton to see Mom.

Wendell picked beets today! (Wasn't expecting that.) So I'm going into town to get lids so I can process some beets tomorrow a.m. Other than that it's been a normal week ... I want the cool weather back!!!!!!!!! It's getting hot outside this afternoon!

1 comment:

laurie said...

Wow-beets. I like beets--. How big is your garden?
scrappy squares looking good and so does the quilt, love the colors.